#StandWithUkraine - Stop the Russian invasion
Join us and donate. We are contributing all book royalties from 2022 to present to:
Save Life in Ukraine and Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal.
A.1 Tool or platform problems
If you have a problem with one of our recommended digital tools, and have not found the answer in this book, go to the tool’s support page (listed in alphabetical order):
- Airtable relational database support
- Atom text editor documentation
- Chart.js code library documentation
- Datawrapper Academy support
- GeoJson.io geodata editor - see Help menu
- GitHub.com and GitHub Desktop documentation
- Google My Maps support
- Google Sheets support
- Highcharts code library - demo and support
- Leaflet map code library - tutorials and documentation
- LibreOffice Calc support
- Mapshaper geodata editor - documentation wiki
- Map Warper georectifier help and see note about limited disk space
- OpenRefine data cleaner - documentation
- Tabula PDF table extractor - how to use
- Tableau Public resources page.
Of course, if you encounter a problem when using an online tool or web platform, always check your internet connection. On rare occasions, online tools and platforms may be off-line for all users. To clarify if an online service down for everyone, and not just you, check for outage reports on sites such as:
Also, some online services operate their own status pages:
Finally, note that rare outages by large providers, such as the problems faced by Amazon Web Services in November 2020, can affect other online tool platforms.