How to Read
This open-access book-in-progress is free to read online at http://HandsOnDataViz.org to fully experience the interactive charts, maps, and video clips. Any modern web browser will display the book, but readers may prefer larger screens (desktop, laptop, tablet) over smaller screens (such as smartphones). In your web browser, try these toolbar features near the top of the page:
- Font to adjust text size and display
- View source code on GitHub
- Shortcuts (arrow keys to navigate;
sto toggle sidebar;
fto toggle search)
- Social Media
Use a second monitor
If you have a small screen, consider connecting a second monitor, or work next to a second computer or tablet. This allows you to view tutorials in one screen and build visualizations in the other screen.
To view the most up-to-date content in your web browser, do a “hard refresh” to bypass any saved content in your browser cache.
- Ctrl + F5 (most Windows-Linux browsers)
- Command + Shift + R (Chrome or Firefox for Mac)
- Shift + Reload button toolbar (Safari for Mac)